Khakra is a favorite Gujarati snack made from spiced Wheat Flour.
The following recipe makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup Gehun ka Aata (Whole Wheat Flour)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Methi Leaves (fenugreek leaves)
- 1/4 tsp Ajwain (carom seeds)
- 1/4 tsp Til (sesame seeds)
- negligible tsp chilli powder
- negligible tsp Haldi (turmeric powder)
- 1/2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Start the preparations by adding ajwain (carom seeds), til (sesame seeds), chilli powder, haldi & salt to the Methi leaves (fenugreek leaves) until the leaves become soft.
- Next prepare the dough by mixing enough amount of water to the wheat flour.
- Divide the dough into small portions and roll out each into thin rounds.
- On a tawa, cook the khakra on both the sides for a few seconds by applying a little oil / ghee on each side.
- Cook the khakra on a low flame until crisp and store in an air-tight jar.